Microsoft Windows 10
Windows 10 is familiar and easy to use, has more built-in security to help keep you safe, and is designed to work with software and hardware you already have. Whether you want to upgrade your PCs to Windows 10, gain access to offerings such as Software Assurance, or use Windows with greater flexibility, there is a Microsoft Volume Licensing solution that is right for your organization.
Windows 10 brings a new way of delivering Windows, with new features and functionality delivered in an incremental manner without requiring a large operating system redeployment. Active Software Assurance will enable you to receive ongoing features and functionality for Windows 10 Enterprise, along with security updates, on a regular basis. Organizations that are using Windows 10 Enterprise now have the opportunity to choose which Windows service best fits their needs. If your organization is looking for the latest innovation on an ongoing basis for a variety of devices, the Current Branch for Business is a great fit. For mission critical environments with strict change management policies, the Long Term Servicing Branch is a good choice because it offers the latest security updates—but no new features.
Windows 10 Enterprise is designed to address the needs of large and midsize organizations by providing IT professionals with:
- Advanced protection against modern security threats
- Flexible deployment, update, and support options
- Comprehensive device and app management and control
The LTSB edition provides customers with access to the Long Term Servicing Branch as a deployment option for their mission critical devices and environments.
Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Windows 8.1 Enterprise provides IT professionals with a reliable and easy-to-manage infrastructure for today’s changing and increasingly mobile work styles. It’s the fastest and most secure OS from Microsoft for desktop, laptop, or tablet.
- Best business tablets and PCs – Enhanced user experience (improved multi-tasking, multi-monitor support, and mouse and keyboard navigation), boot to desktop, new Search experience, support for latest hardware innovation (processors, InstantGo, displays, smaller tablets, NFC, biometrics)
- Windows apps for business – Develop, deploy, and manage new mobile apps easier and faster, across PC and Phone (commonality of app platform, same tools, consistent user experience, easy portability)
- Mobility for the enterprise – Enhanced mobile broadband, NFC ‘tap to pair’ printing, Wi-Fi Direct printing, native Miracast wireless display, auto-triggered VPN with built-in clients, broadband tethering
- Empower Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) – Improved IT controls (Start screen layout and consistency), remote business data removal, Open MDM (OMA-DM support for Windows Intune and third-party MDM,) workplace join, work folders
- Enterprise grade security – Modern access controls (fingerprint-based biometrics, multi-factor authentication using virtual smart cards), malware resistance (Windows Defender with network behavior monitoring and Internet Explorer 11 scan of binary extensions)
Windows 8 Enterprise
Windows 8 Enterprise features include all the capabilities that customers get with Windows 8 Pro* plus premium features designed to provide the mobile productivity, security, manageability and virtualization needs of today's businesses.